Personal Information means information about an identifiable individual. It includes information that you have provided to us or was collected by us from other sources. It may include details such as your name and address, age and gender, personal financial records, identification numbers including your Social Insurance Number and personal references, to the extent permitted by local laws.
What Information Do We Collect About You?
Information You Give to us that is necessary for your use of the Shido Heapdhones Store. We collect from you the following personal information when you use the Shido store which is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and Shido to allow us to comply with our legal obligations; without this information we will not be able to provide you with our services. The information we ask for and collect from you is as follows:-
- If you register for an account with us you will be asked to provide basic information such as your email address.
Other Information you may choose to give us in order to obtain a better experience with Shido Headphones. Any additional personal information will be processed based on your consent only. The circumstances in which you may want to provide us with this information are:
- If you enter a competition, you may be required to provide information such as your name, email and/or address.
- If you signed up to our newsletters then we collect information such as your first name, last name and email address to keep in contact with you as well as any other information you choose to provide.
When you order, we need to know your name, e-mail address, delivery address – credit card payments are processed through PayPal & Stripe Checkout so we do not have access to your credit card details. This allows us to process and fulfil your orders and to notify you of the status of your order
Information may be automatically collected from your use of this site as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and Shido Headphones. We may also have to comply with legal obligations but, most importantly it allows us to provide you with a good online experience. We (or a third party service provider acting on our behalf) may be using web beaconing technology to facilitate information tracking, and/or utilise ‘local storage’ to store your user preferences.
You have the right to choose whether your personal data is processed for marketing or promotional purposes by us and/or any third parties.
You may access, update and correct your account information and account preferences at any time by logging onto your account and updating your information and preferences. If you would like us to deactivate your account, please just let us know but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes, please see the following section “Your Rights.
You may exercise any of the rights described in this section by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note to comply with our own security measures we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request, and we may require further information from you. On making any request we shall endeavour to respond without delay but, in any case within our statutory timeframe of one month from receipt of your request.
Managing Your Information: You may access and update some of your information through your account settings. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up-to-date.
Rectification of Inaccurate or Incomplete Information: If for any reason you are unable to update information yourself you have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information that concerns you that we have retained or not made anonymous.
Data Access and Portability: If applicable, you may request copies of personal information that you have provided to us and we will give you a copy in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider where technically feasible.
Data Retention and Erasure: We generally retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the performance of our services and to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your information to provide the services you can request that we erase your personal information (and thereafter close your Shido Headphones account) by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention, and enhancing safety. We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations. Where possible we shall make your data anonymous.
- To protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time after erasure of your personal data.